In 1995 the Château de Ribourdin, cereal farm for many years, became "Bed and Breakfast".
A long-term endeavour : the transformation of the huge barn in guest rooms.
A Challenge to rise : start from a building, empty from the ground to the frame, and create a floor and openings while respecting the history of places and ensuring their authenticity.
A Goal : to complete the work in one year and open the Bed & Breakfast of the Château de Ribourdin in May 1995.
The structural work
The works largely carried out by us, parents and children, had been spread over a year.
Starting with the main structure :
- drilling windows, cutting and laying of stones
- reopening walled porches and repairs of stones forming the arches
- laying of beams and old joists
The second work
Then we realized :
- the laying of partitions
- the laying of tiles, earthenware and other protective coating
- the walls coating with rendering made with ocher of Puisaye
- the installation of windows, doors and bay windows
- the laying of the staircase oak
the finishing touches
What an adventure ! And that was just the beginning...
For a year, we have prepared the decor of each room by bargaining-hunt junk shop and jumble sales in order to find furniture that, thereafter, we restored.
We also realized the curtains and bedspreads with the invaluable help of family's dressed-makers!